Another surgery so soon...

They ended up doing the die test at 11 am and we were done by noon.  We knew when we left the room what was wrong, but we were not positive of the solution..... She has a blockage in the tubing in her stomach, which is not allowing the excess fluid to actually drain from her brain properly.  After many nerve racking hours waiting for what the neurosurgeon would say, I finally get a call at 6 pm with him stating that we will be doing surgery around 10 am on her on Thursday.  He confirmed the blockage in the tubing, and said he did not have the results on the eosinophils yet and so he is not sure if he will need to remove it all completely or not. As we are not really sure if the steroids have worked their magic yet.   We may also have to keep the shunt externalized, which would mean the tubing of the shunt would stay outside her body and collect in a bag if we do need to replace the entire shunt long enough for the reaction to go away and then they can place the new one....

I am sure there is so much more to say, but alas at 11 o'clock at night with a thunderstorm rolling in, I have lost my train....

So I will bid farewell until I have my daughter again in my arms tomorrow some time.  As always thoughts are always welcomed.

Comments

Mr. Bo said…
Oh Donna and the rests of the wonderful West's. Much love out to all of you especially little Willow. Please please let us know if we can help. You are in our prayers.
Jodi said…
I will be thinking and praying for her (and you/Jon) all morning. If either of you need/want anything give me a call.

Lots of love and hugs Donna!

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Fun

March fun?

National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month