Praise the Heavens!!

The end is near!  So she has been infection/bacteria clear now for 7 full days, today is day 8 (and I was told the labs came back already for today and she is clear!! LOL)  So joyous dance for that, but then Laurie, Dr. Foody's PA came in and asked how things were going, and I said fine, and of course asked when surgery will be.... She said she will try for Friday or Monday. I began to get excited!  Then a few minutes later Dr. Foody himself came in and looked at her and saw that she was not leaking, and super smiley... He then says, he is going to talk to the infectious diseases doctor and see if we can do the surgery TOMORROW!  Oh my word can this get any better?!

So, the doctors round at the room and we are talking about her weight loss, her Hudini magic tricks, her smiles etc.  Her proteins are well, iron still a little low, but not worrisome.  Then they tell me she is going to be NPO at midnight, I ask why and they say surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am! Yes we are finally going to get her shunt internalized and then we will be here 4-5 days after that in ICU and possibly 1-2 in the normal peds floor then we are home!!

Thank you so much for all the prayers, healing energy, kind thoughts and well wishes, it means so much to me!!

Comments

Jen said…
That's wonderful!!!
Jennifer said…
GREAT NEWS! I have been thinking about you guys so much!
Carielle said…
Woo Hoo!!! That's fantastic!!!
Cary said…
Great news!!!

Popular posts from this blog

I never thought today would have come....

National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month