A real term for it...

I took Willow in to the pediatrician as Strep throat/Scarlet Fever is running rampant in my house, and she has had a cough/congestion since Friday.  Well guess what?!  It is normal baby congestion!! Yes folks she can have normal baby problems too! LOL  I make light of that because well it seems silly that I took her in for normal congestion, but hey when her chest rattles at night you never know!  But again just normal congestion.  Since the other kids were all in other places (school or home with dad), I was able to finally have a sit down with our ped. to discuss what is up with Willow!! Wow a real face to face conversation.

Well the true diagnosis is:  Hydrocephalus ex vacuo.  Here is a link: http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=8634

The important part from that page is really this: "Hydrocephalus ex-vacuo: What is termed "hydrocephalus ex-vacuo" occurs when there is damage to the brain caused by stroke or injury, and there may be an actual shrinkage of brain substance. Although there is more CSF than usual, the CSF pressure itself is normal in hydrocephalus ex-vacuo."  


This site here also seems to help me understand things a bit: http://www.medicinenet.com/hydrocephalus/article.htm

I have decided to participate in a walk this July for the Hydrocephalus Association.  Here is a link to that site: http://walk4hydro.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=450046&supid=323693828
that is our donate page.

Basically all in all, I have done all the research that one could probably do on this.  I am throughly exhausted now!  Now all we can do is sit and wait to see what she will or will not be able to do.  Until then though we do have a wonderful daughter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Praise the Heavens!!

I never thought today would have come....

National Hydrocephalus Awareness Month